This tart just looks fancy. The recipe for it is super simple, and the result is a deliciously flavorful combination of sweet and savory. It blurs the boundaries of appetizer and dessert, adult food and kid food. Perfect to serve at a big party or for just a party of one.
A flaky buttery crust topped with roasted pears, spinach, rosemary, bubbly warm blue cheese, and just a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. A flavor wonder in under than 30 minutes!
To make one you will need:
- 1 frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 anjou pears, or any ripe pear will do the trick, thinly sliced
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 100g (about 3.5 ounces) of blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
Preheat your oven to 400°.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll out your puff pastry.
Start out by placing your sliced pears in a single layer.
Add the baby spinach and rosemary.
Finish it off with the blue cheese and drizzle of balsamic. Pop it into your oven for 15-20 minutes until the crust is bubbling up and golden brown.
Slice it up and serve it to your adoring family or friends.
Let the compliments roll in.